General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Xmas maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xmas maintenance

here is a few little things about my car that I d like gone

1) like some many other, when I get to 25 mph and make turn in neutral , wide turn, the rear end does clack clack clack sound. some says its the u joint going bad , it sounds like that just want your imput
I d like to add that it never does that at speed or under 5mph

2) and thats the biggest thing, when making a tight turn at 25 to 35 mph I hear a loud humpppp, heavy vibratio coming from my left frond end , like if the whole part of the car want to die!!!, so I slow down right away and then drives normally , but this mean I cant make quick turns ( kind of suck I wanted a sports car, not an suv...)

please let me know what you think please , I d like to take care of that at the same time that I ll be doing LTs, ORY etc.. in the spring
thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

come on anybody
Old 12-09-2005, 03:48 AM
TECH Regular

I'm thinking motor and tranny mounts. I would check there after you make sure all the lugs are on tight. I had a rear clunking that turned out to be my tranny mount. The thump and vibration in your front end is probably either coming from your rack or motor mount.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

thank you , I ll look for those
1) soundscoming from the back while under no throttle or light, I thought it was the U joint, but I ll check the tranny mount, I have to anyway because when I shift sometime I feel like the tranny mount or something is going bad because I get lots of moving in the shifter, anyway that should be ok to fix

2) second think is the vibration, huuuuuuump sound I get from the front end on the left while making under 30mph sharper truns, this I dont know....I ll check on the rack and motor mount ( whats is a rack mount ?)

by no means this make the car not enjoyable to drivebut I want to get rid of this little things, I m sure I will with the help of everybody here and doing some search

by the way I got my tire balance this afternoon while doing a rotation and what a difference it make as far as vibration on highway, cant wait to put on the bilsteins HD and get soem more mod in january ( LTs, ORY, brakes , etc...)

anymore imput guys ?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cedric85745
thank you , I ll look for those

2) second think is the vibration, huuuuuuump sound I get from the front end on the left while making under 30mph sharper truns, this I dont know....I ll check on the rack and motor mount ( whats is a rack mount ?)
By the rack I meant rack and pinion in your steering system. I really don't know anything at all about the steering in this car as mine (so far) has always been fine). I thought that would be a good place to look for steering noises.