General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird power loss when cold...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird power loss when cold...

Ok so this has just started to happen to me recently. I live in Florida now so its not that cold here, but ever since I did the throttle body bypass when the engine is cold at low rpms starting off the engine has no power untill I damn near floor it (abov 80% throttle) Well I took the bypass off because I figured the tuning was off for the incoming intake temperature because its after the MAF. Well it seems to of solved the problem but the other day it did the same exact thing just not as bad now.

So what is the verdict. I run gumout fuel injector cleaner through my last 3 tank fulls 93 octane, and I have changed pretty much everything else on the car for maintainance wise. new wires, plugs, tranny, oil, diff, fuel filter, air filter, coolant ect. ect...

Like i said before it happens at low rpms 1st gear, starting from a stop and only when cold.

Thanks guys
Old 12-16-2005, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of V8s don't run well at all in cold weather. This is especially true at startup if you have a lower temp thermostat in the car. #2 during the winter months, most gas you buy has cold weather additives, which greatly decrease horsepower but allow the motors to run smoother and without problems when it's cold. Unless your car actually has a huge problem that's my .02 cents.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lived in northen FL b4 in 20 deg weather didnt faze my car... with 160 deg stat and T.B mod... lol i had to get ice off the car so i could drive it and didnt change anything on the car,