General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

New problem everyday...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New problem everyday...

I have already replaced my clutch, slave and pilot bearing because my pilot bearing decided to break apart, replaced the timing chain and oil pump.

Well yesterday I had the car up on jack stands to replace my a/c belt tensioner, the old one was shot and squeaking like crazy, so while it was up I wanted to make sure the oil pan gasket wasn't leaking since I had to drop the pan to replace my timing chain and oil pump and it turns out the gasket is leaking, not bad at all but still pisses me off, i've had this car for like 5 months, and only put on about 5k on it, I bought it with 69k. How hard to do an oil pan gasket, whats involved? Now if that wasnt enough I also noticed my power steering pump seems to be leaking pretty decent, you can't notice under the hood but underneath the car the whole pump is wet and its dripping on the alternator, what would be leaking on the pump? im sure its not a line or anything, and I'm thinking about replacing the pump with one from NAPA, anybody have anything bad to say about them? Now the important question, could the oil dripping from the pump ruin the alternator?
Now the last thing to ice the cake was the driver side tierod end boot was torn open, is that something to be concerned about? I know that all the ball joints and tie rods are not greasable, so that means It should probably be replaced soon, but then that means an alignment, man is this car pissing me off, i've owned it for a few months.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

you have to line the oil pan up just right to the block for not to leak. is the powersteering pump leaking ON or IN your alternator? you don't want that stuff leaking into the alternator because it will affect the alternator's ability to cool itself. you can find new boots for the powersteering rack, either by themselves or part of a rebuild kit.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

acutally forget what i said about the oil pan, its just the power steering fluid, i had it up on a lift today at work, its not oil pan gasket, the rack isnt leaking, its the pump and yea its leaking all on the back of the alternator and I would assume in it as well.