General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver Side miror is hanging down ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side miror is hanging down ?

Hello every one I just bought my first 4th gen a 94 Formula. Now when I bought the car the driver side miror was hanging away from the door and can move around on its own? I asked the owner when I bought it what had happened. He said it got taken off in a parking lot and he had replaced it himself Luckly this is about all he did to the car every thing els was done by the dealer he bought the car from even had all the paper work from any thing that was done to the car. Any how being new to 4th gens I have no idea whats wrong or what to do to fix it. I will try to post some pics of it tomaro alittle dark to do so right now.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Here is a pic I have
Attached Thumbnails Driver Side miror is hanging down ?-untitled6.jpg  
Old 01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't really tell much from your pic. I haven't done any f-bod mirrors but others I've seen are held on with one long spring. Each end attaches to a diffenent point on the door. Sometimes when the mirrors get bumped the spring will unhook from one end and snap into the mirror housing and it will hang loose.

If it's like I've described, you can disconnect the end still attached. Get a coat hanger and make a hook on the end you can fish around for the missing end (you'll have to hold the one you have in the process. Once you find them both, you can use needle nose pliers and screwdrivers to reconnect the ends to the door. It's a pain in the butt though and you have to be careful not to scratch the finish.

The other option is just to take it to a shop and ask them to reconnect it. Shouldn't take them 5 mins and they might not even charge you.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know know about firebirds. In camaros there are just four bolts that hold it on.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

ok cool thx guys I will have to try looking at it tomaro after work and I will get you a better pic if I cannot figer it out. Thanks again