General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car started bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car started bogging down

Ok I have had pacester LT's and true duals on my car for like a month and a half. Today i ran up to the store like 10 minutes away and when I left it felt like the car started to bog down. I thought i was going to have to pull over and crawl under but after i let it idle thru the parking lot it was fine. As I drove home it was completely fine no bog just when I went to leave. It was like i pressed the pedal a little more and nothing happened. I am thinking it could be that the O2 sensors are not heating since i have not upgraded to the vette style but i just thought i would ask anyones opinion. The weirdest thing of all was there was a cop down in the parking lot a little ways and it was like my car did not want me to make it to loud and create any attention. Well at least that is what i told myself so I would not think to much of it. I am going to change my fuel filter and run some fuel injector cleaner thru as well since the fuel filter has about 10k miles on it. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Launching!

my car does this constantly at 1500 to 2000 rpm....several other people have the same symptoms but i havent found what the prob is yet or havent heard from anyone else. Everyone will say the same o2s, plugs, wires, blah blah blah....none of that...ive tried. The weird thing is i bet u didnt even throw a code uh, either have i. Its really driving me crazy cause its getting worse, and so will yours. Try to keep me in mind if you find a fix and ill do the same. Good luck!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

I've had that problem as well...

weird
Old 01-29-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

I never got to fix my problem. It seemed to just go away.