General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window screeching noise - what could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question window screeching noise - what could it be?

first off, this forum has been an incredible source of help for me

here's the current problem. BTW, car has 120,xxx miles, so she's getting up there

my driver window, when i roll it down, starts making a whining screeching noise that is pretty loud, starting at about 1/2 open position and all the way down. no noise on the way up. it works nice and quick, so I do not think it's a window motor. my mechanic (not the dealer) thinks it could be something rubbing inside and will take the window apart on the weekend. The noise is towards the back, and I can see 2 marks in a form of a line on the window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I should mention that i had tint on both front windows taken off about a week prior to this noise appearing (to pass inspection in NJ, tint is illegal on side windows). I called the tint guy, he said no way the tint/no tint would cause this.

I cannot believe the car has 120,xxx and how nice it's running, still extremely strong, solid and sound.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Check and see if the ribber bumpers that keep the window away from the door are still there. This is a problem that I have had in the past.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ATCFLYBOY02
Check and see if the ribber bumpers that keep the window away from the door are still there. This is a problem that I have had in the past.
thanks!, will do. btw, is that something i can order from the deal or it's something generic that can be purchased in any auto store?