General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wiper switch...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiper switch...

okay heres what happened was driving back to work today and of course its raining.. so i stopped at a red light and noticed that my wipers werent going, i think to myself .. hmmm i thought these were on oh well and i preceeded to turn them up well nothing happened until i got to the HI speed and that is all that they work at, if i try to turn them off they just stop wherever, in the middle of the windsheild etc. i just bought the wiper switch and was wondering if anyone has put one in and if you could give some tips...
thanks...
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact same problem! They will only start working in HI. Might work in LOW. Don't work in any other position.

You are going to need to take the airbag out. There is a tab you pull out of the airbag connector, dont rip it out. Then twist the horn connector. DON'T DIRECTLY RIP IT OUT. Wheel is easy to remove. Clockwork spring come out with a snap ring. Don't know how to get the locking part out of the wheel though! After the locking ring you should be able to get the switch out easy.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Before taking out the airbag, its recommended to disconnect the battery.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

ok thanks will try that this afternoon....
Old 02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Teching In

well....now for the almost good news; i decided to wait a couple days to do the switch seeing as how i needed to get a few tools for the job and i just got done taking out and putting back in the interior(looking for a rattle) so i decide to drive the camaro to work instead of the trailblazer(its nice, but just not the same...)and low and behold guess what works just fine..thats right the wipers...so i think i have a bad ground or something? gonna take a look this weekend

Quick Reply: wiper switch...