General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES light and sounds

Old 02-16-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light and sounds

when i am driving normally, the ses light pops on and then i hear a weird noise almost like another fan turns on or somthing? When i come to a stop and wait for a little bit the sound goes away and the ses light goes off.

I would get the codes checked but the light comes on at random times, and goes off when i stop. im really confused

any answers?
Old 02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to an auto zone or similar car parts place and read your codes, just because the light goes off doesn't mean the code it cleared. Some codes will stay in the system until cleared, regardless of the lights or will take numberous cycles (starting/stopping the car) to clear themselves - and with your lights going on and off like that sounds like a sensor going bad - just a guess. I had a bad maf code throwing and though I disconnected the neg batt cables and reset the computer (and the light) the code was still in there. I was told that my particular code takes like 60 cycles or so to clear itself, not just a resetting of the computer (ecu). So after I fixed the problem I still had to drive my car for a couple of days before I could try an inspection - they use computer diagnosis around thses parts

Search this Thread