General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Damaged reluctor ring

Old 03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damaged reluctor ring

OK, well the person that installed my rear end (12 bolt), didn't put the Tbolts in correctly or something since one fell out! No big deal, went to Strange which is less than a mile away and got a new one. However, the reluctor ring has a chip in one of the teeth (most likely from the bolt landing on it).

I "believe" this is the cause of my LOW TRAC light coming on when I hit bumps, lightly tap the brakes, give it gas.... Not safe since ABS is activating on slow stops on dry pavement...

So my question is, when I pull the ABS fuse to disable them, it throws a Service Vehicle light as well (((Not a Service Engine Soon))). Will this put the car in a limp mode? Don't have the money to spend right now repairing it correctly...but also don't want to kill performance/gas mileage. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. It should not affect the cars performance other than not having ABS. The ECM shouldn't even know that the ABS is missing. You don't need ABS unless you are driving under rain or snow. Which you shouldn't be driving a F body under those conditions anyways.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Which you shouldn't be driving a F body under those conditions anyways.
Couldn't agree more. Not that I don't like driving a performance car in the rain...just I don't like my car getting durrrrrrty . Time to pull some more LEDs out of my dash!
Old 03-11-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you on that one! My car was completely ruined within 15 mintues of having it detailed. It wasn't even my fault either.

Search this Thread