General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Anyone else have this problem?

I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 and it keeps setting O2 codes for low voltage so i bought some new O2 sensors yea thought it would fix it but it just set the code again. So now i'm stumped all i know is that the codes it is setting (P0131 and P0151) mean that it is running lean? where could i even start to track this down?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Straight from GM SI:

The heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) wires--The sensor pigtail may be in contact with the exhaust manifold or the exhaust system.

• The oxygen supply--An oxygen supply inside the HO2S is necessary for proper operation. The HO2S wires provide the supply of oxygen. Inspect the HO2S wires and connections for breaks or for contamination. Refer to Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

• An intermittent ground--Inspect for an intermittent ground in the signal wire between the connector and the sensor.

• Lean injectors--Perform the Injector Balance Test. Refer to Fuel Injector Balance Test with Tech 2 , or refer to Fuel Injector Balance Test with Special Tool .

• Fuel contamination--Water near the in-tank fuel pump inlet can be delivered to the injectors. Refer to Alcohol/Contaminants-in-Fuel Diagnosis . The water causes a lean exhaust and can set a DTC.

• The fuel pressure--If the fuel pressure is too low, the system will be lean. Refer to Fuel System Diagnosis .

• Exhaust leaks--An exhaust leak near the HO2S can cause a lean condition. Refer to Exhaust Leakage in Engine Exhaust.

• Vacuum or crankcase leaks can cause a lean condition.

Make some of these checks.