General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn signal not blinking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal not blinking.

Front left DRL works, but doesn't blink. The right side works fine.

The bulb did bust earlier and I replaced it with another one. It worked for a few hours then stopped again. The bulb will turn on, but just won't blink.

In the dash, it doesn't show as blinking either. The light just stays on.

I believe water is the culprit. I never did clean out the socket before I put the new bulb in.

Do Camaros also have the dual filament bulbs?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

ya its a dual bulb....its a common problem with these cars....when it just shows solid...its the cars way of sayin the bulb is out
Old 03-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by anthonyz281999
ya its a dual bulb....its a common problem with these cars....when it just shows solid...its the cars way of sayin the bulb is out
As I suspected. I'll clean out the socket and try another bulb. If this one goes out, i'll just have to bend over for the dealership and get another socket. lol

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by anthonyz281999
what he said... jus take out bulb clean socket/connetors inside and play with the bulb slap it up alittle once its in there, works like a charm.. if the rust and crap is bad in there then yea good luck finding a replacement socket for it, you'll need it
Old 03-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Ok, I got it. I hope.

One of the connectors on the bulb was burned. There was also a waxy substance all over the socket...

Anyways, I cleaned it out as good as I could and put a new bulb in. It works so far..let's hope I don't have to go back in there.

Another thing, the remnants from the old bulb are still in the housing. Is there anyway I can get it out without taking it out.

I'm thinking i'll try a vacuum and try to suck the broken bulb pieces out of there.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blade
Ok, I got it. I hope.

One of the connectors on the bulb was burned. There was also a waxy substance all over the socket...

Anyways, I cleaned it out as good as I could and put a new bulb in. It works so far..let's hope I don't have to go back in there.

Another thing, the remnants from the old bulb are still in the housing. Is there anyway I can get it out without taking it out.

I'm thinking i'll try a vacuum and try to suck the broken bulb pieces out of there.
I wouldn't bother trying to vaccum it out. if it really bothers you later, buy some clear corners and just swap 'em out.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i kind of have the same problem. my front turn signals dont come on and the blinker light stays on solid. and sometimes with no turn signal on the left or right signal will come on by itself lol.