General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window/Door Problems - Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Window/Door Problems - Please Help!

I've noticed my window acting funny recently and figured it was another window motor gone bad. It would roll down normally, then fall a few inches, then roll the remain way down normally. Yesterday, it wouldn't go up at all. I take the door panel off today and pull the motor and and the motor seems to be fine. I then notice that the rivets holding the window framework, I guess, have come loose and messed up the composite crap that the door is made out of.

I can manually pull the window up and when I push it up enough, the rivets align with the holes they're supposed to be in. I tried putting a screw through the bottom rivet to see if it would hold the window in place... but it started messing up the composite crap.

Here are some pictures:

I don't know what to do now, besides drive it into the ocean... which is looking to be a decent option.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine window is doing just what you said, but it falls like twice, and gets stuck twice on the way up, so i have to pull it up and press the button...hmm, maybe i should take my door panel offf...damn
Old 04-02-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed it. It was a pain because you have to do must of it blind, but it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. It seems to work fine. For future reference here are the pictures of it fixed:

Old 04-02-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you got it fixed