General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clogged injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clogged injectors?

My car is missing at around 5K RPMs and I am thinking is an injector. Is there any way to check for a clogged injector? Are the symptoms of a clogged injector all over the RMP range not just at a certain point like 5k. Tomorrow I will check the resistance of each injector, if the the resistance is off what does it mean.
thanks.

Abe
Old 05-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before you do any of that, just run an entire can of seafoam in your gas tank. that'll clean your injectors pretty good. for 5 bucks, if it's a clogged injector, that'll solve your problems.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed that you are a big seafoam fan ChocoTaco!
btw i think I am going to take your advice and see if that will fix my "WOT crackling" problem
Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knock perhaps? Clean your MAF as well with electronic parts cleaner. Get 2 bottles of the seafoam and run one in tank like he said and one through the vacum lines.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

First let me say I've never tried Seafoam. I have read threads though where people have clogged their injectors using it. Apparently rust likes to form in the fuel rails on the LS1 and Seafoam does such a good job of loosening the rust in the fuel rails that it can clog the injectors. If that is true you might have a worse problem on your hands. I'm not saying it WILL happen just that I have read where that has happened to some people here.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
First let me say I've never tried Seafoam. I have read threads though where people have clogged their injectors using it. Apparently rust likes to form in the fuel rails on the LS1 and Seafoam does such a good job of loosening the rust in the fuel rails that it can clog the injectors. If that is true you might have a worse problem on your hands. I'm not saying it WILL happen just that I have read where that has happened to some people here.
I have heard of fuel cleaners loosening deposits from tanks before but i didnt know that about the fuel rails. No worries if you only put it through your vacum line though.

Quick Reply: Clogged injectors?