General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Traction Control Acting Funny

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Acting Funny

Did a complete motor swap the other day and still working some bugs out. But my traction control is turning on and off on its own every once and a while. The switch in the center console works most of the time, but every once and a while the traction control will turn off and I wont be able to turn it back on. Just wondering if anyone else has had something happen like this.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Why would you want it on?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by stockerta00
Did a complete motor swap the other day and still working some bugs out. But my traction control is turning on and off on its own every once and a while. The switch in the center console works most of the time, but every once and a while the traction control will turn off and I wont be able to turn it back on. Just wondering if anyone else has had something happen like this.
I have had similar things happen to me. You need to check your TPS sensor, if its not reset properly, the TCS cant seem to function properly. Aslo, if any of your abs sensors are starting to go, it will act funny too. I would pull and clean all connections for the TCS/ABS and reset your TPS and see if that works.

Ski
Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Teching In

I'll have to try that. Well I would like to turn it on in the rain and such. I dont really want to die anytime soon.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

I've never had a car with traction control, and i'm still alive. Only reason i'd fix it is to sell it.