General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C vent blower problem..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C vent blower problem..

Would anyone know the reason why when I turn on my a/c, it won't come out of the center vents? I have a 98 T/A and the a/c will only blow through the defroster and the floor vents. If I try to switch it to the center vents alone (not the a/c), it won't blow out. Any ideas?
Old 07-16-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its controlled by vacumn. Have you done anything under the hood lately? There's a couple of vacumn lines under the hood at the back of the intake manifold on the passenger side. I would check all the vacumn lines first. Then go from there. Almost all the problems I've seen on here have been from unhooked/broke vacumn lines somewhere.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its probably that little tiny hose that everyone thinks is pointless.. it plugs in right under the map sensor, make sure thats plugged in. On the back of the manifold that is..
Old 07-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Default fixed it

Thanks for the help, it ended up being the selector switch. The black circular rubber path indicator on the back of the switch was out of alignment. I rotated the rubber peice until the vaccumm activated the vents, and put it back together.