General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

T-top leak...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-top leak...

hey everyone...i was just wondering who all on here has problems with their t-tops leaking? The only t-top I have a problem with is the driver's side whereas there is no issue whatsoever with the passenger side. My T/A only has 30K on the clock and I know that really doesn't matter or whatever but what I'm gettin at is there any tips that you guys out there have for me to check out to possibly fix this problem? I love my car and I just hope that someone out there can help me fix this leak with the t-top. It's kinda hard to explain but I'm hopin someone in the VA area could lend a helping hand...thanks everyone
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always gotten a few drops during rain on the drivers side - drips on my forearm while on the arm rest. Supposed to wipe the weatherstrip down once in a while with dialectric silicone grease - never bothered though. If yours is worse probably something else - TTT for ya.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My t-tops have never leaked from washing or a rain storm. If you look closely at the weatherstrips at where the t-top meets with the front and rear body weatherstrips there is a thin 'flap' that sometimes gets folded up between the weatherstrips and creates a small gap for a nice water leak to occur. When you put the t-top back on make sure that flap is not folded and you *shouldn't* have a leak.
HTH
Old 07-27-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine only leaks with really high powered car washes.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine leaks occasionally from heavy rain or high pressure car wash