General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car won't start

My gf's 99 Z28 is haveing a problem starting. It has gotten worse over time it started every once in a blue moon now it as done it 3 times in a row. When you turn the key you get nothing at all no ticking no trying to turn over nothing. Then when you turn the key off the gauges all peg out and then go back to 0 and the trip odometer resets and the radio had reset a few times. It also would't let me in the trunk with the key fob or the button in the car, I could only use the key. Once it gets jumped it starts right up. I've had the battery and alt checked and replaced the battery just for the heck of it. I took it to the dealer and they had it for 2 days and of course it started every time for them so there was much they could do. We got the car back parked it over night would't start in the morning then again when she left work and again this moring when it went back to the dealer. She has also had here securtiy light coming on even now and then and when you try to start it they security ligh is on. I had a problem with the security light and it ened up being the ignition which is what I think her's is as well but just trying to get some imput. Her's acts different than mine did. Mine would do nothing then the security light came on and would stay on for a few minutes then shut off and then I could try again at first it started but it got worse over time takeing up to 3-4 tries before it would start. My gauges never flickered either. So is this the ignition or someithing else.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by JonB; 07-27-2006 at 09:09 AM.