General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with TA passenger side headlight

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with TA passenger side headlight

I've searched the site, and haven't been able to fine anymore help. I need help with the passenger side headlight on my ’01 WS6. I’ve checked the fuses multiple times they are fine. I’ve done the free headlight fix on the factory gear, didn’t help. I replaced the factory gear with a metal one, still didn’t help. I’ve replaced the motor completely with a brand new one and still nothing. I’m at my wits end with these damn headlights. When I turn the switch, the driver’s side comes up fine, but the motor for the passenger side doesn’t move. I’ve tested the motor on the driver’s side and it worked fine so I know it’s not the motor. The light comes on fine on both sides, it’s just the motor for the headlight door doesn’t do anything when I flip the switch.

I used a circuit tester on the power cables going into the motor and they both registered 12V, same as the driver’s side. So it seems like the motor is getting power, but I have no idea why it won’t work. Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated. Would a dealership have any better shot at fixing this then I would?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im having the same problem. my headlight doesnt budge the motor isnt responding at all.

which fuse goes to the passenger headlight motor?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

hows the ground? too much resistance might cause this concern, I don't know but i defentaly would check it. my .02