General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird Ls1 no start problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird Ls1 no start problem

My buddy had the infamous roller rocker spewage into his engine and he tore the drivers side head and pan to find them with no avail. So he put new rod bolts into it as he plains on camming it later. But after putting everything back together it wont start. All visible sensors are plugged in and connected that we can find. The car dose not get any fuel and the pump dose not turn on. It gets spark. So here is the weird problem I borrowed a scanner from my gf father and plugged it into the obd 2 port and turned the key on to check for codes, magically as soon as I turned the key on with the plug in the port not even connected to the scanner the pump turned on and it the car would fire right up. When you unplug the cable with the key on the odometer and the fuel pump go off. We can’t figure it out, and the last thing was the gauge was reading no oil pressure and after looking through the oil fill hole in the valve covers it looked dry, the car was also blowing a good amount of white smoke out of the exhaust. He did fill the engine with oil. We tried this 3 times running the car for no more then 5 sec a time before we called it quits. Any idea what the hell is going on with this car?? Car is a 1998 Trans am m6 with just rebuilt rockers, lid and cat back. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

man that car is just a huge piece of crap,

this would be my car which is having all of the problems

any help would be GREATLY appreciated. i need to drive it again im in withdrawl

Last edited by sledneck687; 08-04-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Check the ground wires. On the Vettes there are ground wires bolted to the back of the heads. Those ground wires branch out to feed the PCM and everything else. GL
Old 08-03-2006, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

i forgot about those back therehopefully thats not the problem i dont know if i can get to them without pullin the heads. i definately remember puting them back on though, thanks for the advice
Old 08-04-2006, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

well i found out both problems i hope, the ground was one on the head that musta snapped while installing the head, and i did break the oil pressure sending unit. im just hoping i really do have oil pressure after i fix that