General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

vacuum leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum leak

was hearing leak, car ran with a rough idle. found the problem, but need the name of that 2inch rubber hose that is connected to the side of the intake. i guess its part of egr. showed the local auto shops (autozone, oreilly's, etc) but they dont know...they say to go to dealer...well, just need name of hose so i can ask dealer.

thx
marco
Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Lines that connect to the side of the intake are PCV (passenger side) and EVAP (driver's side). The EVAP is a hard plastic line where it connects to the intake though, not really a hose. PCV is a hose.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Teching In

thx...it was the passenger side...it was rubber...just wasnt sure. the heat put a small hole causing to leak and run rough. thx for the name.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Default Fyi

just so u guys know i called and visited the parts dept at the dealerships. and they dont carry that little rubber boot/hose. they carry it as on whole piece which is the whole (think thats the name) pcv tubing that runs from the passenger side, along the valve cover, and to the back of the motor, which runs 95 bucks plus change. that freakin sucks. so i am going to the junk yard to look for one or make my own.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Launching!

i had the same problem. i bought a pcv valve form autozone then used 3/8 hose to go from the throttle body to the new pcv valve and then put a small hose clamp on it.