General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf?

I finished up re-wiring all my nitrous stuff because I got Daves plate in...

I drove the car for about 20 mins, city and highway, the car was running great...i DID NOT spray it..parked it at my girlfriend house. Came out about 2 1/2 hours later, as soon as i started it, it started misfiring, SES light was flashing, running on about 5-6 cylinders. Half way home it stopped...ran perfect, SES light turned off...

Parked it...went to drive it bout 20 minutes later to run to the store...light was back on and misfiring again. Did it all the way to the store, all the way home, too class this morning, replaced 02 sensors...still doing it.

What in the hell would cause this? It was running beautiful before I parked it the first time when it messed up>? Im going to put in some new TR6's in a few hours and see what that will do. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

dude get it scanned before you start buying plugs and sensors.....you could just have a dirty maf or need to replace it.....idk you might have bumped something when you installed the plate kit...also did you make sure that all the sensors were secure and rehooked back up to the maf and the temp sensor cuz that will make you run all nasty. go to autozone or something they will scan it for free then you will know exactly where the problem is coming from

fwiw
Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

oh and sometimes it takes the car different types of driving before it realize something is wrong....thats why they say that you should go out and do diff types of driving after you fix the code to see if its fixed or not. usually gotta do city, highway stop and go diff speeds get through the gears etc...thats might explain why it didnt do anything like this at first..the inconsistency would lead me to believe its a sensor related problem prolly maf im guessing