General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeeky Pulley..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So where exactly do i get these parts from the TSB report listed above?

I'm getting tired of this damn thing squeaking its embarrassing!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by zo6machine
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15020

try this post, shows the TSB info. Found it after many google searches.

Lists a double row idler 12563326 about $40
generator brkt 125633327 about $17
belt 12562626 about $29

Maybe the aftermarket idlers are too generic for us and this is the first I have heard about a bracket.

I won't be able to try it till the weekend, plan to order the parts today myself.
Where did you get the generator bracket?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

I know this thread is almost 4 yrs old but this is a great thread. I went through rain and water a couple days ago. I figured it would stop when dried but didn't and its not a squeel but the chirp like mentioned. I still need to check closer but at least I read this before replacing as I went.

This needs to be a sticky
Old 08-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Teching In

And here I am several years later. On my second LS1 car. *I still have my first and she is doing mighty fine* I bought a 2000 Trans Am WS6. keeping it stock for now. Recently replaced cam shaft position sensor, which required remving the starter. Everything sounded fine before and after. however about 2-3 days late it started making that chirp or as i call it, Squeak like ticking pattern sound. Like there is a little chirping bird under the hood. First thing came to mind was the belts. Replaced them, eventually took them back off and ran the motor for a few seconds as I was informed the sound would go away if it wasnt a pulley. Well sound was still there. Put belts back on for now. Its labor day weekend so I am gonna lay low till the shops open. But I will get these parts and see if they will change them out and let me know if it goes away before they do anything else. But after reading all of this it does make me feel better knowing that this also may work for me. I am not trying to spend money on a rebuild lol. Will also post if it worked for me. Also if you can agree with me that it sounds like a squeak/chirp sound in a ticking pattern *that speeds up when you give it gas* please PM. any support would help me feel better and be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Squeeky Pulley..