General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

NEED HELP!!! LT1 wont start... (long read)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! LT1 wont start... (long read)

i left Friday morning from Norfolk, to go up to DC for the Ride for Pride. Did the cruise on saturday and left at about 8pm saturday evening. i was making pretty good time too. i hit the Norfolk City limit at about 10:30. soon after exiting the tunnel, i found myself behind some slow traffic. I go from 6th gear to 4th, but instead of the nice feeling of a smooth and solid acceleration as i come off the clutch and add gas, the engine starts misfiring and sputtering. Like one cylinder was firing at a time, and it was random which one was sparking. i go to second gear and pop the clutch trying to get it refired, to no avail. i was on the phone with my insurance company before i coasted to a stop. i had to get towed the remaining 8 miles to my house.

after looking for problems all weekend, we have found....something. i now have my ses light flashing at me rapidly. fuel pressure is good at 44 psi while the pump is on, BUT it drops down to zero when it kicks off. bypassed that problem by putting a 12v reference on a conncetor inside the engine compartment. still nothing. after more messing around, we decide to pull the fuel rail off to see if, when pressureized, any injectors were leaking. no leaks. so, we decided to turn the engine over while the injectors were still wired in with the fuel rail out. yeah, i know not that safe, but we did it anyway. jumpered the fuel pump on, and cranked the motor. nothing. NONE of the injectors are spitting fuel. not even a drip. SO, we found the problem, now we just need to figure out WHY. any help woud be GREATLY appriceated...
Old 09-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, thank you everyone for all the help. it was the pcm. new one's been ordered. and you are all wonderful people for offering any advice to a fellow fbody enthusiast in need. thanks.