General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Poly Trans Mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly Trans Mount

Ok, I installed this over the weekend...easy job and really takes care of the shifter bouncing around. Now I'm getting a clunk sound that sounds like it's coming from a little behind it.....driveshaft area? It happens when I shift or take off, when it's transfering a load. I double checked the mount and surrounding bolts to make sure they were all tight, which they were. I'm not sure what it could be as I can't check it while moving lol, any ideas?

Posted this in LT1 forum too. It's currently jacked up, verfied bolts are all tight. No play in torque arm, just enough in driveshaft to seem like normal. Really have no clue what it is. Only happens when a load is placed on the drivetrain, ie takeoff and shifting
Old 09-26-2006, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

did you torque down the trans mount bolt? if i remember correctly it is the only bolt involved that wants a good amount of torque...
Old 09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by spy2520
did you torque down the trans mount bolt? if i remember correctly it is the only bolt involved that wants a good amount of torque...
Just re-checked all the bolts. Everything is tight, especially that bolt. Just drove it to check and same problem. Confusing..