General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Service vehicle light, etc. ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service vehicle light, etc. ???

Hey guys, something weird just happened to me when i started my car up a while ago. The service vehicle light popped on and stayed lit but when i cut the car off and restarted it no more light. The only thing that seemed a bit odd to me when i started it was that it seemed kinda sluggish i guess you would call it when it started. For what it's worth the car has almost 32K on the clock and is an 02 T/A Ram Air. Also, I was wondering does this car have just the service vehicle light that serves just like a check engine light or does it have both? and if so, what's the difference? And not to do a complete 180 but my vehicle also has a slight t-top leak on the driver's side right about straight up from where the power mirror control is. Any of you guys have any suggestions about what to do for all of these things? Sorry guys for this long drawn out thread but I figured you guys were the ones to come to when i'm in need. Once again thanks everyone...all help and suggestions appreciated!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Service engine soon/check engine and service vehicle lights are two different lights - don't worry about it unless it illuminates again. I've always gotten a few drips on the drivers side during heavy rain.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone got any ideas on how to further diagnose what's causin my t-top to leak on that side and any possible fixes? all help appreciated...
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

grease....your t-tops are going to leak they just warp after awhile....you can either get new weather stripping or you can try some grease....