General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

MAP Sensor Plug

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAP Sensor Plug

While doing an Intake swap, I ran into an issue when trying to pull my manifold off/out. The MAP Sensor wire was already tight and provided no leeway. I didn't know until it was too late.

This resulted in the MAP Sensor Plug being pulled off of the three wires.
The three wires are.. Grey, Green, and Orange/Black.

When I checked my haynes manual I thought it read that the correct orientation for these wires to this plug was (with the clip topside, looking at the back of the plug..)

Grey wire, Green wire, Orange/Black wire.

I connected a few pieces of wire 4-5 inches long, stripped the end, and placed them into the connector securely. I stripped the other end, and crimped a butt connector onto it. I then crimped the wires in the order listed above.

The car runs fine, I don't notice any issues thusfar. However, I do get a code P0107. Low Voltage for MAP sensor. My question is:

#1. Does anybody know the proper wire to pin sequence, looking at the back of the plug with the clip on the top?

#2. What issues may arise from running without the MAP Sensor functioning properly? As stated before, the car seems to be running fine so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this info is pretty scarce.

Last edited by melchoir; 11-01-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Bump?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not really good with color miss match issue's over the internet...just something id have to be there to see and do.....unless the car starts having issues i wouldnt put much on it...the low voltage issue is because you probably stripped that voltage wire pretty bad when you yanked it
Old 11-02-2006, 06:30 AM
12 Second Club

Actually, the wires were completely intact. The way the plug is designed, you CAN just pull the wires straight out without harming anything.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Where is that plug located? Maybe I have a pic.

EDIT: It is the same for 98-02. It didn't realize it was on the very back of the intake, but I'll see what I can see once wifey gets home with car this afternoon.

Last edited by Pewterpower; 11-02-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

orange, green, gray from right to left w/snap clip facing away from you. Orange is ground, green is return voltage, gray is feed voltage. Once you re-wire, check the ouput w/ a volt meter. Turn key on (2 clicks) engine not running. Disconnect the MAP plug & stick the black ground lead from your meter in the orange hole. Then put the red lead in the gray hole & you should get 5v or there abouts. Then plug the connector back in & slide a paper clip (metal exposed) into the back of the connector next to the green wire. Put the red lead on the paper clip & the black lead to chassis ground & you should see a voltage less than 5v, maybe in the mid to high 3 or 4v. I don't remember the MAP return voltage @ atmosphere, but, as long as it's not zero, it's OK. This will confirm that the wires are reconnected & that the sensors & PCM are working properly.

Yes, having an incorrect MAP sensor can cause other codes & you may notice your trans shifting funny & your brake pedal might feel a bit loose.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Yes, having an incorrect MAP sensor can cause other codes & you may notice your trans shifting funny & your brake pedal might feel a bit loose.

ive seen this when the MAP wasnt hooked up at all, but not when it was just a low voltage issue....strange
Old 11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks, sounds like I have the correct sequence. (From back of plug, clip on top, Grey/Green/Orange.) I'll have to screw with it this weekend to see if I'm getting power. I probably just need to strip more insulation from the wires going into the butt-connectors.

No other codes though, and brakes/tranny feel fine.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

There ya go......
Old 11-04-2006, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

I pulled the intake again, (this time much easier, did it solo in 30 minutes) and went to work on this..

I did have the proper wire orientation of, clip up, looking at the back of the plug:
Grey, Green, Orange/Blk.

I found that the rubber gaskets inside the plug were very long inside, and that the wires I had put in there didn't make it all the way through the rubber hole. I restripped the wire and placed it back within the holes. I also stripped about a half inch of wire from the original wires, and cripped everything back together.

When I checked the plug at the Grey and Orange pins (+5/ground) I did see a voltage of 5.05v. I was very happy. I put the intake back on and drove around for awhile, turning the car off and on the 3 cycles required.. And the SES Light disappeared. I'm very happy now.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear it.

Quick Reply: MAP Sensor Plug