General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!! electrical prolbems

Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! electrical problems

Alright I'll start from the beginning. My car was sitting for about a month and a half and I needed to drive it to get back home from college. Started it up it fired right up drove over to house driveway shut it off. 10min later i go to start it again and nothing lights on gauge cluster came on until i tried to crank it then all power was lost. Tried jumping and nothing. Got pissed off and gave up. I then came back another 15min later and the car fired right up. I drove the car back home and I had the battery tested and recharged. I put the battery back in and drove around for the rest of the day fine. Woke up the next morning and go to start up the car, same thing no power whatsoever after trying to crank it. So I put one of my old batteries in that was going bad and it worked fine just a little tough to crank over. Used that for awhile until it crapped out. I just bought a new battery last night and put it in. everything was fine. I started it up this morning and it was fine. But now about 20 minutes ago i went to start it up and the same thing happened, i had dash lights until i tried to crank it over and then no power at all. I have a couple ideas what it might be but they are just guesses

sorry for the long post but any help is appreciated.

Last edited by burnrubr88; 12-23-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another problem i am having is the car idles rough and sometimes wants to die on takeoff or when going aorund 25 and try to accelerate a little. this has been a problem for a while and i took it to a shop and they couldn't figure it out either

i've been told clean the MAF but that didn't work.

Search this Thread