General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

oil leaking problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil leaking problem!

ok i bought my car used with about 68k miles on it. it was in ok shape ive put alot of tlc in it and got it lookin like i want it..the motor is strong and hold about 45lbs of oil pressure at idle and about 60-75 driving..ok now with the BS about 3 months ago i changed my oil and everything looked normal under there..and i keep the bottom of my car as clean as the top..well i went to change my oil last week and now its seeping oil out of the rearmain, oil pan, and the front of the vally cover...its not where its driping on the ground yet..like the oil pan and bellhousing is coated and looks wet...well i was pissed i dont understand why all the sudden it would just start for every where..i thought the pcv valve was messing up and not working right so i replaced that and i cleaned all the oil off to see if it helped and i got under there lastnight and its back already..i put a socket on the oilpan bolts and there tight..im just stumped. i know i dont have blowby because there isnt oil far up on the dipstick at all....someone shine some light please i dont want my car to seem like a POS a mark my drive way up and smell like a clunker lol..thanx justin
Old 12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw im using 10w 30 dino oil..
Old 01-01-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

come on no one?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

I saw a dye on two guys garage that you add to the oil and then shine under with a black light, and it pinpoints the source. Of course you'll need to clean everything first before adding. Btw, I overfilled my power steering a while back and noticed it puked up and ran down the drivers side of the oil pan. I thought it was oil at first, but then realized what had happened.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Teching In

That's strange. I've just noticed where mine has started leaking. The past couple of oil changes i've noticed it wet under there, where something has obviously been leaking. Well i changed my oil Wednesday night, wiped everything off really well, and yesterday it was dripping while running .
I've searched on here to try and pinpoint it (hoping it's not a rear main), but i'll have to do more inspecting to make sure it isn't an intake seal. It's just hard to think that they all started leaking.
Maybe yours won't start dripping.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes hopefully it wont...just makes me think my car is a piece ya know..hope fully it will just fix it self lol...anyone else shed some light?