General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

oil pan and motor mount question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pan and motor mount question

So i decide to change the drivers side motor mount today. I get it off and now have the engine supported by a jack/block of wood. I called around town first and found that advanced sells them for 7.95!! I take the old motor mount down there and sure enough its the wronge one. they tell me its just in the wronge box so i come back 3 hours later when the " right one" come in...same story . the guy at the counter says i must have an odd ball trans am or something. i tell him they are all the same and we agree to disagree...

so anyways my car has to sit like this until i can come up with a new one. is this going to hurt my oil pan gasket? ar anything else? it might be another day or two because im proly going to have to order one sence not even the cheby dealer has them.

So all I want to know is weather or not this is going to mess up my oil pan or anything else. if so ill just re install it until I find a new one.

also, any suggestions on where to get one ? thnaks, Josh.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would reinstall it and order a set of poly mounts. I did a sticky on motor mounts in the external section.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I ended up driving 200 miles round trip to get a new mount or else i would have had to wait until monday. I only replaced the drivers side but it was an over all huge improvement by the way it drives/ shifts.

I read the sticky... the ratched wrenches worked great and made quick work out of the 4 bolts to the engine.