General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

throttle cable broke!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question throttle cable broke!

hi, this happened yesterday on my DD, i was driving it home and gave it a lil gas, and the pedal went to the floor so i popped the hood and saw that (ill try to explain the best as possible) the little metal peice thats attached at the end of the throttle cable to hold it on the throttle body broke off, theres enough cable to get back to where it needs to be but i need somebodys opinion as a quick fix i could do or something i can use to put on the end of the cable that i can put back in the groove so it wont pop off. thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know which piece you're talking about. I can't see a quick fix. Don't even think you would want to weld it, assuming you could. I would say you need to replace the cable.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i finally took it to the mechanics, i decided that i didnt want to go through this again if my rig job didnt work, so its going to be done right, just so everybody knows, if this happens to u knowbody stocks accelerator cables, i called everybody and nothing. so just hope it doesnt happen, its not a hard fix or anything but if it does happen to u, u wont be able to run down to the local auto storre and pick one up. thanks