General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical problem. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical problem. Please help!

Well car is sitting on jackstands for the winter but I like to start it periodically. About 2-3 weeks ago went out and the car started up fine. I let it get to temp and then shut it off. I went out today to start the car and nothing. Key is in the on position and it's showing no voltage, no lights are on nothing. When I try to turn the car over nothing, no clicking not a thing. I put the charger on the battery and it says it's fine, I click the key into the on position with the charger on and it shows voltage. The odd thing is the headlights keep "clicking" almost like when you connect and disconnect your battery. I'm going to swap batteries with my daily driver and see if this could be it, if it's not I'm at a loss. Electrical things have never been my strong point so any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the battery to me - check the voltage across the terminals with the charger disconnected.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check battery terminals! :o
Old 01-24-2007, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like the battery to me as well. Our recent cold streak may have finally done it in. I always had the same problem with my KR conversion. If I didn't start it once a week, let it run to charge it up, it would be dead as a doornail the following week. That was the first sign of my alternator going. Replaced both the battery and alternator with a 140 amp and things worked great. I think your alty is fine, just the battery is dead. Keep me updated.