General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

would any one else be mad about this

Old 01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default would any one else be mad about this

ok i just had my car in to get a new rear in. and i look under the car today and find that the pinch welidng is completly bent to the side right there where them to bolts are at right behind the front tires. want to know if any one else would be mad about that.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Dude, you really have to proof read. Are you talking about the two bolts that fasten the bottom of the fenders? If that's the case and if you know for a fact that they weren't damaged before you went there then yeah, I'd be mad.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the fenders sticking out now? If it's really bad you need to talk to the shop that put it on the lift. If they're just bent a little you can try removing the screws and bend the tabs back - did it to myself on one side when I first got my car and wasn't watching when putting it on a lift for the first time.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,464 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Are the fenders sticking out now? If it's really bad you need to talk to the shop that put it on the lift. If they're just bent a little you can try removing the screws and bend the tabs back - did it to myself on one side when I first got my car and wasn't watching when putting it on a lift for the first time.
Yep, that's the good thing about plastic fenders, you can bend them some before they get damaged. Like stated above, pull the screws and bend the metal mounting tab back. Then the plastic fender tab should screw right back into place.

But yeah, I'd be pissed. That's why I'd only let a select few shops ever put my car on a lift.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea only left them because it was under warrnty
Old 01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fuseone
ok i just had my car in to get a new rear in. and i look under the car today and find that the pinch welidng is completly bent to the side right there where them to bolts are at right behind the front tires. want to know if any one else would be mad about that.
Originally Posted by fuseone
yea only left them because it was under warrnty

Dude, you should sue the teacher that taught your English class for malfeasance.

Search this Thread