General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cold Heat!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Heat!!

2000 TA WS6 and my heat never gets past warm. It gets cold in Nebraska and I need help. According to the temp gage and to HPtuners at a local shop the thermostat is operating correctly and the car hovers just under 200 or so (stock t-stat). I unhooked both hoses to the heater core and flushed it with water and it flowed very well so that is not plugged. Since the air is just warm does that mean that the air ducts are not fully closing and outside air is getting in with the air passing the heater core? If so how do I check this? p.s. coolant is full and core does not leak thanks

Benjamin
Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a blend door issue, its cable actuated so I would check to see if the cable is broken, and follow the cable to the hvac box, and make sure its still connected to the door and that the door moves freely. thats my advice for you. let me know if I can help anymore.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Isnt there a heater control valve that stops coolant from circulating through the heater core when the heats off? If that valve wasnt opening properly, it could cause the issue your having. Ron
Old 01-27-2007, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think f-bods have a control valve, but I may be wrong. If they do that will def. cause the problem. An easy check for that is to see if both heater hoses are about the same temp when the car gets warm. If they are close then there is coolant flowing through the heater core which eliminates a shut off valve or plugged heater core. If they arent close to the same temp, like one is hot like it should be and the other is just slightly warm then you need to find what is blocking your coolant flow.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

How do I go about checking the cable connection to the blend door. Glove box out and then it is pretty easy to find or..? My wife won't even ride in the car anymore, it's too cold
Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigJoeBob1
How do I go about checking the cable connection to the blend door. Glove box out and then it is pretty easy to find or..? My wife won't even ride in the car anymore, it's too cold

You should be able to get to it that way.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Problem fixed!! I took the under cover off, the glove box out, and the heater core cover off to expose the internals. I even too the blower motor out and cleaned the bugs out. The air was blowing hot over the core but the blend door has two tabs on it. One was catching and not letting it seal properly. I forced my hand back there and bent the tab a little and Wah la! Warm and toasty again. Thanks for the help!

Benjamin