General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Autotrix issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autotrix issue

I bought two kits to put on separate cars. I'm 95% done on the first one but I have an issue. The switch is backwards which would be fine but on the drivers side they are opposite of each other and this ain't my car. Any ideas????????
Old 01-28-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Trying to understand what the problem is? The Autotrix Kit is only for the PS window - not for the DS...
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

Let me clearify myself. I know the autotrix is for the passenger window. Apon wiring according to there diagram the SWITCH on the drivers side is opposite of one another. In other words when push down on both switches to have both windows go down only the drivers side goes down but, if you push up on the switch (drivers side switch only) the passenger window goes down. Anyways after about an hour of moving the pins around on the passenger side I got both switches to work the same as there susposed to. This was kinda irritating to me since autotrix was quick to return my P.M. about buying these kits but not helping me out once I purchased them..... And yes I called the number they gave me and left a couple of messages. That was four days ago and still no return call. But other than that the kit works great once I figured out the wiring.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Glad to see you got it sorted out. I apologize for not answering your phone calls. The number I gave you was my cell phone and I probably did not answer the unknown number.

You had such a quick response from me by PM the first time, I wish you would have tried it again. For everyones future reference PM, Email or posting in the Sponsor forum will get the fastest response from us. I found this thread by accident, not my normal section to browse.

I should have gotten your phone call, there is no real excuse for that. Lots of other customers have gotten ahold of me. Just a busy weekend and I forgot I had given you the #.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gnomee
Glad to see you got it sorted out. I apologize for not answering your phone calls. The number I gave you was my cell phone and I probably did not answer the unknown number.

You had such a quick response from me by PM the first time, I wish you would have tried it again. For everyones future reference PM, Email or posting in the Sponsor forum will get the fastest response from us. I found this thread by accident, not my normal section to browse.

I should have gotten your phone call, there is no real excuse for that. Lots of other customers have gotten ahold of me. Just a busy weekend and I forgot I had given you the #.
PM'ing people just ain't fast enough when you need answers now. Expessially when the custumer is on the way over to pick up the car. Thank god he wasn't on time or i'd look like a fool. Anyway the product worked great. Also in your instructions you run a ground though the dash and into the engine bay, why not use the ground on the dash and save money on wire plus clean-up the install? Thats what I did so that there wasn't anymore wires in the engine bay. Just a thought. Ken