General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0133 code

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0133 code

I got a 98 TA 6 speed manual. Codes always on for rear O2 sensors since whoever redid my exhaust before me failed to put any in (was told this did not really affect the performance of the engine just emissions)...but since i'm in school i have access to a Genysis everyday (man i love those). Anyways about once a month a go in and clear the O2 codes and check for any other codes. Today it threw P0133..says somthing about this will flip when it senses the car running from rich to lean and lean to rich very slowly. What could cause this? Can it hurt my car? ect
thanks for any input
Old 02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

running rich will not hurt your car...unless its like SUPER rich...and you wash a cyclnder....which i doubt your doing

a rich/lean code usually occurs when unmetered air enters after the maf somewhere on the car, OR your front o2s are going out...

just a ?...did you name your car?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i named my car. Why do you ask that? and also whata you mean by washing a cyl? thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

washing a cylinder...its where your car will run super rich and the car wont ignite the whole mixture in the combustion chamber therefore leaving fuel...which will destroy your rings...and cause other problems....

just wondering...most people put THEIR names in there sig....