General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Body Control Module (BCM)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Control Module (BCM)

I have been having some problems recently and after visiting an automotive electrician, it was determined that my Body Control Module is going bad. I got a replacement from a dealer and tried to install the new BCM this afternoon. However, when all the plugs are plugged in again, I cannot get the car to start. The car seems to turn on when the key is turned to the on position, but it will not crank, or even attempt to crank. When I turn the car to off, the 'SECURITY' light is on on my dash. Any ideas why this would be happening or if anything needs to be reprogrammed? Anything?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the BCM is specifically programed to your car, the new one needs to be programmed to your car. take it to the GM dealership, stand in front of the desk and bend over point at your *** and tell them you would like your BCM programmed.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Old 03-04-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

The chip in your key has a resistance code. I'm not for sure but that may be read by the BCM and not the PCM. If so you changed that by chaning the BCM. Sounds like that is what happend from what you described. Not sure why the Dealer would sell you a new one and not tell you that you would need a new key. You will need to go to the dealership with the info from your new bcm like serial number etc... And get new ignition keys made.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

dont forget the vasaline.....