General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Check Engine light!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check Engine light!!!

ok tonight i went and was messing around with a buddy of mine thats got a z28 and we raced a couple of times and everything was fine. Then lil bit later on he wanted to drive my car so i said sure and everything was going fine then he beat on it all a sudden and the check engine light came on .....all gauges didnt move all pretty much normal as usual and i dont know why it would come on didnt hear any pops or bangs. no leaks everything works im just stumped on what i could be so if anyone has an idea help me out plz!!!o yea its a 2000 formula with 80,000 on it pretty much stock with a CAI and no muffer
Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to have the codes pulled before we can do anything for you. An SES light can indicate 500 different things and without knowing the code it's useless to take a stab at what it is.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah well i took my car out this morning and it ran fine but the check engine light was still on...well after about 15 mins of driving it turned off so yeah im still going to go check it with a scan tool just thought that was kinda werid so if this has happened to anyone else let me know thanks