General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Start and die?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Start and die?

When I left work for lunch today, I got in my car like usual and started it up. It immediately died. I tried again... same thing. One more time... same thing. I thought maybe it was an electrical issue so I turned my radio off and tried again. It started right up with no signs of an issue.

Any ideas? I've never noticed a single thing mechnically wrong with this car. There's been no signs of anything wrong. No SES light or anything. It wasn't exceptionally cold today either... probably 45-50*.

I just drove it again tonight and had no problem at all. Think maybe it's a fuel issue? Perhaps the pump is going out? I hope not with 60k on the car..
Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

When is the last time the fuel filter was changed?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Mine would do the same thing on a cold day but it hasnt done it lately but then again its not cold nemore. It did it to me a couple of times but i never got to look for the cause or problem so I never knew what it was..................... ?????????????
Old 03-20-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The fuel filter was changed about 1.5k ago. I have run half a can of seafoam through the fuel system since the change. Could that really gunk up the filter that bad? It's not like it's a difficult change but I'd rather not do it again if I don't have to.

I drove it once more tonight and had no issues at all.