General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Yeah, um about that spring...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yeah, um about that spring...

So I replaced my driver side window motor. The spring came out. Now what do I do. When I searched I found one answer replace the regulator? All I want to know is how to secure the spring back on the scissor lift. Come on guy's I'm counting on a answer that does not require more money.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Take it all back apart remove the motor from rhe regulator and put the spring back on the post then push the regulator up or down till you can engage the edge of the spring on the tang.Then clamp the lower edge of the regulator in a vice and grab the edge of the regulator the glass mounts to and then force it up. This will load the spring and the regulator then have a someone drill a hole in the section of the regulator with the motor. Drill it all of the way through both halves of the regulator and then drop a nail or phillips head screw driver to hold tension on everything so you do not have to hold it. You can then reengage the teeth of the motor on the regulator gear and you may have to grab the regulator and force the window side up or down to mesh the teeth of the motor into the regulator. After the motor is secured you can then remove whatever you inserted as a pin through the hole you drilled and it is ready to be re installed into the door of the vehicle.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay.....thanks, I'll try it on Friday if its dry out.