General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Motor Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor Questions

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get new F-body window motors for the best price and how much do they cost. My '01 hawk passenger's side motor died and I'm just going to get them both replaced at the same time. Any helpful information that can point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

AutoZone
Price: between $40 & $60

Other auto parts stores also have them and they typically come with a lifetime warranty.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=18
Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing to be careful of is that you don't break the lower locating tabs off the interior panel when you take it off.

There was a discussion of this operation a while back, and someone said that they "Wouldn't butcher their car" by drilling a couple of access holes in the door's inner panel, allowing access to the rivets that hold the motor in place. They chose to go through the agony of unbolting the entire window track assembly, lowering it into the door, and replacing the motor that way.

I used the new motor as a template, carefully determined where the rivets are, drilled two small holes, about 3/8" in diameter in the door's inner panel, and drilled out the motor rivets, leaving the window regulator in place. It wasn't hard at all. Just take your time in locating the rivets