General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Starting problem

Old 04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Starting problem

Tried a search and it appears to be down.

Ok, so here is the problem. Car will not even turn over. I looked through some other threads and went through the basics. I have hptuners and disable vats....still won't start. Took out the starter and had it tested.........starter works fine.

Now comes to the confusing part. In the fuse box where the relay is for the starter I began testing the connections. I have a constant power on the "30" mark of the relay. And I believe that goes to the "85" to give power to the starter selenoid. When the key is all the way forward to where it should engage the starter I DO have power going to one of the terminals for the relay. So....after testing this I think "Ok, it must be the relay". So I put the key forward and jump the connection with a spare piece of wire I had from the "30" to I believe the "85" and the car started!! Good news.

I then decided to go back to hptuners and enable the vats again. Try to "hotwire" the car to start again and it turns over for a couple of seconds and then dies. So I go back and disable vats once again. Then Hotwire it and it starts and stay running. I run it down to an autoparts store and get a new relay. I plug in the relay and IT STILL WON'T START!!!!

So now I'm really pissed off with this thing. I'm getting all the correction electrical connections to the relay. And when I bypass the relay it will start and stay running. But, when a new relay is in it STILL WON'T START. Also....the security light has been flashing since it wouldn't start a few days ago. I should also add that this came out of no where. I stopped at a gas station, turned the car off, and went inside. I came back and the car wouldn't even turn over. I have a full charge on the battery. It gave me no signs of this problem at all before it stopped working.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Search this Thread