General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine Restore additive

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
WOW---all these statements and NO facts....have used RESTORE in other vehicles also----my vehicles are in #1 condition always ---my friends/mechanics/rebuilders I have known for YEARS DISPUTE your "Facts".

Sure, keep using it.

And yes, I do know guys who used this crap, and they wish they had not, after the fact.

If you enjoy adding crap to your engine, please don't give others your bad ideas/habits as ok/good things to do to their engine. There are people who read this forum who don't know any better, as they might not be aware of the neg issues this stuff can cause.

If you keep adding crap like this to your engine, it's just a matter of time before it blows up in your face.

You ever think where the little particles go after the product gets too hot and starts to solidify(the stuff that does not bond to cylinder walls, ect..)?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tim Noel
Sure, keep using it.

And yes, I do know guys who used this crap, and they wish they had not, after the fact.

If you enjoy adding crap to your engine, please don't give others your bad ideas/habits as ok/good things to do to their engine. There are people who read this forum who don't know any better, as they might not be aware of the neg issues this stuff can cause.

If you keep adding crap like this to your engine, it's just a matter of time before it blows up in your face.

You ever think where the little particles go after the product gets too hot and starts to solidify(the stuff that does not bond to cylinder walls, ect..)?
... ...... I am sure you are an EXPERT.....DO NOT give others YOUR BAD ADVICE...There is NOTHING wrong with using it a COUPLE TIMES ....I have dealt with many engines in the last 36 years of owning and driving...DON'T talk down to me.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 04-17-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

DON'T talk down to me.

? But YOU'RE the ONE who KEEPS capitalizing RANDOM words and SEEM sort OF hostile TOWARDS people WHO disagree WITH you...
Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jeresous
? But YOU'RE the ONE who KEEPS capitalizing RANDOM words and SEEM sort OF hostile TOWARDS people WHO disagree WITH you...

Exactly!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

... ...... I am sure you are an EXPERT.....DO NOT give others YOUR BAD ADVICE...There is NOTHING wrong with using it a COUPLE TIMES ....I have dealt with many engines in the last 36 years of owning and driving...DON'T talk down to me.

Sounds like you are the expert. Keep using it.

You never did answer my question.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread is really going places.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

.........OHHH----Sorry .......I apologize then.... .............BE
Old 04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Engine restore is a great product! It was frequently requsted by customers when I worked at a gas station giving FULL RED BALL SERVICE at an ATLANTIC station in the late 1960's.

Red Ball Service= pumped the gas and while cleaning front and back windows asked to check oil, coolant, battery (refilled liquid in them days), and tire pressure. Most people said; sure, why not. Well the hood weighed 300 lbs. the battery in a " bug" was under the back seat with Saturdays groceries piled on top. And a woman once ran over me backing up to the air hose!

If you did not offer or perform said requests...... you out of your $ 1.25 an hour paid for their fuel @ $0.37 a gallon.

Do ya know how many of your buddies came in for a "quarters" worth of gas...still curse them!!!!!!

I'm sure Restore still works even in this century.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
Engine restore is a great product! It was frequently requsted by customers when I worked at a gas station giving FULL RED BALL SERVICE at an ATLANTIC station in the late 1960's.

Red Ball Service= pumped the gas and while cleaning front and back windows asked to check oil, coolant, battery (refilled liquid in them days), and tire pressure. Most people said; sure, why not. Well the hood weighed 300 lbs. the battery in a " bug" was under the back seat with Saturdays groceries piled on top. And a woman once ran over me backing up to the air hose!

If you did not offer or perform said requests...... you out of your $ 1.25 an hour paid for their fuel @ $0.37 a gallon.

Do ya know how many of your buddies came in for a "quarters" worth of gas...still curse them!!!!!!

I'm sure Restore still works even in this century.
*Blue Ball Service joke here*
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I've used that would be comparable is Auto-Rx - it was touted by Patman and the likes on the bobistheoilguy.com, so I gave it a shot...not sure if it did anything or not, but it didn't hurt it.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

i used the restore once and after i shook it up and poored it in you could see metal flake in the sun light and after that i never considered using it again no difference and that was in my stock 305 1980z
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tim Noel
Sounds like you are the expert. Keep using it.

You never did answer my question.
Read your thread again---there is no question. BTW--all these products are for high-mileage engines..which has not been said.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Read your thread again---there is no question. BTW--all these products are for high-mileage engines..which has not been said.

There was a question, but obviously, you did not read the whole thread. I'll just leave it be, and you can keep using it.

Happy now? I hope so..

Quick Reply: Engine Restore additive