General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Motor Experts Needed! Myn=Done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor Experts Needed! Myn=Done?

So yesterday I was driving my car, I try rolling up my passenger window. But it just moves an inch then stops. I keep hitting the button and holding it but its not moving at all. Then I gave up on it and I hit it again 2 minutes later then it rolled up normally. Then today I tried unrolling it and it won't even go down. It almost seems like theres a loose connection somewhere by not allowing it to roll up then just not roll down, however im not sure.

The window has always be slower then the driver window going up, not drastically but by like a second. And other then that its shown no signs of giving up really..

Your thoughts???
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The passangers side window motor gets less power than the drivers side, due to the design of GM wiring.

Also both (driver & pass) side window motors take a power voltage hit when both windows are operated at the same time.

With this lack of power, over time the motor will eventually fail, and a new motor is needed.

To prevent the problem from re-occuring, most of us are using Autotrix's pass side power windoe fix. This will supply power to the passangers side directly from the battery.

With a new motor and the fix, its money well spent, and should prevet our windows from failing.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Do you guys recommend a new stock gm window motor or are there after market ones that are better?

gm stock ones go for 100$
and aftermarket go for 20$.
hmmmmm

which gm ones is the passenger side window motor 88960088 or 88959443

Last edited by blackops22; 04-15-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

mine is doing the same thing, it helps if you push as your hitting the switch kind of auto-manual windows..... im taking it to the stealership to get it fixed tomorrwo...hope they dont rape me too bad....
Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My advice is replace it with one locally from a parts store - with lifetime warranty. Don't know about those part numbers, their the same motor for either side? Stay away from ebay stores too, my supposedly new GM units were noisy.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallblockV8LS1
mine is doing the same thing, it helps if you push as your hitting the switch kind of auto-manual windows..... im taking it to the stealership to get it fixed tomorrwo...hope they dont rape me too bad....
They will. I'd consider replacing it yourself - not hard at all. http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html