General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stalling when warm help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stalling when warm help?

wierd problem on a 2001 camaro z28..starts up fine only when cold wont start hot..will run for the exact amount of time about 4mins then it shuts off..wont restart until it is cold again..just cranks and cranks..fuel pressure is fine all fuses check out..changed CTS but just checked the coolant temp sensor circuit at the pcm and getting no resistance so i must have a bad ground..where would that ground be at the back of the head? or did i test the circuit right pin74 then do you need to touch a chassis ground on pin1 which is pcm ground? there are not any codes present and never have been except for cps which i changed months ago..never did a relearn could that be causing it to stall every time after 3mins..crazy!

it was doing the same thing intermittently where it would crank no start then got worse to the point it is now where it runs for a few mins then dies
Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Teching In

anyone?
what can cause the motor to start fine when cold and die at the same time point..doesnt have o2 sensors running sd tune..tune is good that isnt a problem its something else..ran the car the exact way its setup now for about 6moonths before this started..
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Bad icm? ?? Thats what i would say if it was an lt1.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe something wrong with the iac. Try playing with the gas pedal as you crank it to mimic what the iac would be doing.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Teching In

nah the iac is ok..connected a scan tool which is showing 0 rpm when cranking so not getting a crank signal it appears once it stalls..dont know why the crank signal is ok until it gets hot then it dies..the wires arent touching anything guess its just going bad in some way