General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Stalling and Dying no idea???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling and Dying no idea???

I just have a regular Camaro with a 5-speed. Its a 1997 with just barely 64k on the clock. The pass few days it has felt like it hasn't been running on all cylinders. I don't really know what it feels like when a car misses, but I am pretty sure that is what its doing. Sometimes it would happen at a higher rpm, and at other times a lower. Then today, it would just die right when I was going down the road; I would put in the clutch and let it coast then let it out to try and roll start it and it work once, but the other times i had to pull over and let it sit about five minutes before it started back up. I got it back to my house luckily, but my only guesses are it could use new spark plugs and wires, or a fuel pump possibly. These are just guesses, as I don't really have to much knowledge on cars as far as technical stuff goes. I just didn't know if anyone could offer further advice.

P.S. Sorry for this being my first post I just have been a lurker.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

not throwing any codes?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Teching In

No it hasn't had any dash lights come on or anything. I really do not know the cause of the problem. Part of the time I tihnk it might be the fuel pump because when you feel the car getting ready to stallI would pyll in the clutch and try and givev it some gas and the rpms wouldn't move at all. But them I think it could be the spark plugs because I felt it miss several times before that. But in the end I still have no idea.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Well I also came to the c0onclusion that I was almost out of gas, so on a whim i went and filled the tank completely up to see how many gallons it would take. It took 14 gallons right on the nose. Would having only 1.5 gallons in the tank cause the car to stall at all?