General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

please help with a/c system problem....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with a/c system problem....

the dude before me pulled the a/c from the car, he left the condensor but thats it. i got al the stuff from a friend and installed it yeterday. i just used the green a/c o-rings that auto zone had. i installed it, and charged it, i didnt vacume it cause i wanted to first make sure its all gonna work and hold.

after it was all done it was blowing 39 degrees air in the car. all night. the pressure gauge i used to fill it with showed 45psi last night.

today its at 35 and the air is not as cold, it comes and goes, cold, warm. so my question is, are the regular a/c o-rings ok or do i need the metal ring type with rubber inside them that are $8 ea at the dealer??????

i figure it has to be leaking from somewhere. cause it was blowing ice cold yesterday but not today.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The regular A/C O'rings are alright, but you need to run a vacuum to remove all the moisture from the system, or you could lead to more problems. While in the vacumm, you can also check for leaks. Your system should hold about 20-30 microns of vacuum. If you need further help on troubleshooting your system, PM me for more info. I'm a certified A/C tech at a dealership.