General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default won't start

Ok I havent driven the car for about 2 weeks since my 5th gear synchro went out. Yesterday I drive it about 5 miles down the road to make sure it would start and wated to ensure 1-4 and 6th were fine. Everything was normal. Parked the car. Then this morning I went to start the car and it turned over one time, but then it would die. When I tried to press in the gas the rpms didnt move and the car didnt rev at all. When I tried to hold down the clutch to get it to idle or when I put it back into nuetral for it to idle, it would just die. It never tried to re-rev or it didnt cycle over more than the one time.

Bud of min said it might be the fuel relays, fuel lines or fuel pump. Shrugs.

Anyone have any ideas or need more information? It isnt crucial to get it up and running right now as itll b another month before I can garage it to work ont he tranny and clutch rebuild/install. I also have a Jeep for DD.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Update: Well kick me in the nuts. A little earlier tonight I went to try and start it again just to make sure it wouldn't start and bam. Started up just fine. Now I am worried about if I go to drive it again will it just die on me again hehe.

As I rehash it over in my head, is there a chance that this could have been a function of the car stock alarm system. WHere if it is triggered even with the keys in the ignition it wont turn over butone time or something?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

You might want to change out the fuel filter, sediment might be clogging it up and after it sits for a while and the fuel pressure goes down the sediment would settle.