General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car seems down on power.Am getting code 300.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Car seems down on power.Am getting code 300.

I am getting code 300 random misfire. I do have a cam though. Only cam tuning so far was to up idle to 950 on my hptuners.Car feels slow though. LIke it just don't want to pull hard. I have the mods in sig but have a b1 cam not my lingenfelter installed yet. Turbo kit is not installed yet.
So pretty much just have underdrives,b1 cam which is 221/221/558/558/114 lsa and the fast 90 intake and Nick williams 90 tb. I have not tuned for fuel or spark yet. Just got my hptuners. I have wideband but have cats but someone said if you temp put it in one of the front o2s you can tune as it makes the car go to open loop when you disconnect an o2. I could use my o2s as narrowband not sure how to hook it up though my wideband says it can do both. Is there some wire to tap for that?

Its plx300 wideband.

Anyway I think I chipped an insulator on one of my plugs when taking out my headers to sell them. Its a back one not that fun to reach. I also just put on fast 90 intake and that 90 tb so mabye have vacuum leak or something. I didn't loctite the manifold bolts they did recommend doing that.

My car should be pretty fast and pretty torquey it seems to me .It seems to pull not too bad up top but really just don't feel like no mean ls1 should feel. I have not tracked or dynoed it. Track is several hundred miles away as is dyno. But might have to drive up to dyno to see whats going on.

I was thinking maybe the fast 90.90tb combo is killing low end power .I bought them for planned 408 or 427. I threw them on the 346 for something to do pretty much.

So if a plug is not firing wouldn't I get specific cylinder misfire not just random misfire. And thought upping the idle to 950 would get rid of cam misfire code. 300 is pretty common with cams I heard.

Can a vacuum leak take away a lot of power.? I may take car for smoke machine test and see what I can find. Buddys shop has smoke machine.
They are handy things!