General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird AC Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird AC Issues

Well this all started a while back when it was cold I remember that when I turned on the heater a clicking noise was coming out of the passenger side front side, the sound lasted maybe a week or so and then it went away during that week I didn't turn on the heater or anything I just wanted to check if the sound was still there, after that...

Now summer and living in southern california my AC is not cold and after a while of running semi cold air the air blows very small amount I mean you can hear that thing blowing but little air coming out of the ducts, yesterday I drove to my parents house and noticed it happen again so I decided to open the hood to see if I could see anything wrong, I noticed that the Metal Aluminum canister piece on the left hand side of the motor with the tubbing was frozen all white covered with ICE, so I left it over night and now it blows air semi cold again, like two months ago I took it to a shop to have it checked because I saw that problem happening they flushed or put dye and everything and guy said it was low but refilled it, yesterday before I came to my parents I took it again to have it checked guy said was fine he just checked it for dye and stuff said he made some "changes" but its doing the same thing, I dont know what to do and I dont want to pay top dealer dollar for the repair and ideas ????

thanks for you help....
Old 07-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it almost seems like you have a plugged or semi clogged orrifice tube. seeing condensation on the low side lines and even some frost on the receiver dryer is normal but if it is totally iced over it sounds like the orrifice tube is clogged. unless you are capable of working on a/c systems, i'd recommend taking it to a shop and getting an estimate. possibly even the same shop you took it to already and hopefully they could waive the evac and recharge fees for ya. i want to say that the part is relatively inexpensive and it should only be a half hour job. just my thoughts on your situation. hope it helps you out.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orriface tube clogged huh, ok Im going to mention it to the guy and hopefully get it right this time... thanks for your help...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word on this b/c I'm having the same problems with the heater. I thought something might be stuck but I opened the hood and the noise was a lot louder but I couldn't find anything wrong.

-Sorry for bumping an old thread.