General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ses Engine Light On A 01 Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ses Engine Light On A 01 Z

My ses light has been on every since i have has my camaro. I finally got it read and three thing popped up. 02 sensors, secondary air something and a knock sensor. I came home and unplugged my battery for an hour then started it up. It lasted two days before popping up again. When i got it it had a vacuum leak, thats fixed. I have changed the plugs also. It still runs good. has a little miss in it though. Just enough where you can feel it. I havent got it read again to see if the same codes came up and next time i will get them to give me the codes. But off this what could it be? Also my car pings really bad on regular gas. I have heard that is normal but it didnt do it when i first got it.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:34 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Moving to General Maintenance & Repairs...
Old 07-14-2007, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

first thing, dont put regular in these cars. ever. these engines werent designed to run on it. that might be why your knock sensor is setting a code. and no, you cant run mid grade either. so once that's taken care of, clear the codes again and if they come back then i'll be glad to help you out more.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
first thing, dont put regular in these cars. ever. these engines werent designed to run on it. that might be why your knock sensor is setting a code. and no, you cant run mid grade either. so once that's taken care of, clear the codes again and if they come back then i'll be glad to help you out more.
well that happened before i reset my codes and i have only ran premium in it since....and only ran premium in it since i reset the codes. I did run a injection cleaner also, but once again right before i reset the codes...im going to autozone tomorrow...when a code is thrown does it not reset itself when the problem is fixed?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes it does. so that leads me to believe you have other problems. can you post the codes when you get them? like the po121 number or w/e.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you go to A/Z, make sure and get the damn codes (the numbers). Then, do a seach for those numbers. If your O2 sensors are out, change them. O2 sensors have been covered on here to death.

Though, speaking of death, the search engine is about worthless (not complaining, just saying), so maybe i should retract that last piece of advice.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the full codes like said above.

Just a guess, but it could be a problem with the secondary air system making the o2 sensor read more o2 than the ecu expects. Check the AIR relay, pump, and check valves.